Hypersomnia is characterized by constant drowsiness that affects daily life. It also easily results in depression. Which is a long-term negative effect. In addition, there will be an opportunity to make the patient think short-term. In addition, there are other negative effects as well, such as. Report from
- Harm the brain because sleeping too much makes the brain sluggish. Whatever you do, think slowly. Become lifeless, always dazed, moving less. Can result in osteoporosis.
- It’s easy to get fat. Even if you eat little, you can become fat because your body doesn’t burn fat. The stomach isn’t working. Resulting in various diseases such as diabetes , high blood pressure, heart disease.
- have symptoms of depression Easily mood swings Life is not very happy Because there was no survey of women who slept more than 9 hours and slept less than 5 hours, it was found that their happiness substances decreased in 2 years.
- Infertility because women’s hormones will be normal only if they have enough rest.
- It causes early death. In 2010, research came out that people who slept for more than 9 hours died faster than people who slept 7-8 hours because sleeping a lot caused the body to not move. Does not increase oxygen to internal organs
- Risk of sudden respiratory arrest or dead flow This is because the brain tissue is affected by the extinguishing of brain signals that last longer than the normal sleep time of a normal person.
How to prevent oversleeping
- Go to bed on time every day. When you wake up, get out of bed. Don’t extend your bedtime any longer.
- Find simple bedtime activities like reading a good book or brushing your hair to help you settle.
- Find something to eat before bed. Because you eat well, you will sleep better, like a glass of warm milk. Because if you sleep well Wake up and feel refreshed.
- Eat food from all 5 food groups and refrain from all types of caffeine-containing drinks.
- Don’t be so afraid that you don’t dare sleep. Because it may make you stressed. and worry to the point of not being able to sleep and may cause you to sleep longer than before which has a negative effect on both health
- Find a good way to sleep and get your body used to sleeping correctly. For good results in the long term Good sleep is as follows:
– Sleep only 6-8 hours a day. It should not be more or less than this. You should sleep and wake up on time. You shouldn’t go to bed later than 10 p.m. and wake up at 5-6 a.m. to make your body refreshed. Rejuvenate
– take a shower before bed every time. No matter how tired you are, you should clean your body before going to bed. Because it will make us sleep more comfortably.
– Sleep at night. Don’t be an owl who wakes up at night and sleeps during the day. Or if you want to nap during the day, it shouldn’t be more than 1 hour because it will make you unable to sleep at night. and end up sleeping longer than before
– make your body clock in order Make your daily routine a plan. On time and consistent Because when everything is organized Your physical and mental health will be better.
– Do not use sleeping pills. If you have insomnia, you should adjust your sleeping methods yourself. Because using the drug regularly will cause drug resistance. And when you eat a lot If entered, it can affect the liver. And the same is true for those who sleep too much. Because the medicine will stimulate your nerves so you won’t fall asleep. May cause hallucinations.